Following is a list of some of the acknowledgments made by independent industry guides on which Suescun Abogados or members of the firm have been recognized:
- The Legal 500 Latin America 2017
ranked Suescún Abogados as “Tier 1” (Best Law Firm) in Arbitration in Colombia. Such publication described it as “a recognizable name in the arbitration field” and which “is very active representing local and international clients in complex, high-end” arbitrations. Jorge Suescun Melo and Felipe Suescun de Roa were distinguished as “Leading Lawyer” and “Next Generation Lawyer”, respectively, for dispute resolution in Colombia.
- The Legal 500 Latin America 2017
recognizes Suescun Abogados as a Leading Local Law Firm in the Region - Latin America for International Arbitration. Such a publication also mentions that Suescún Abogados "attracts, through its key contacts Jorge Suescún Melo and Felipe Suescun de Roa, regular referrals from international law firms involved in high-profile international arbitration cases relating to Colombia. It also handles disputes as lead counsel..."
- In January 2017, Suescun Abogados arbitration practice was described as "Excellent" by Leaders League
, an independent French publication.
- In January 2017, Felipe Suescun de Roa was identified by in-house counsel worldwide as Acritas Stars™
for "His knowledge regarding international arbitration." The Acritas Star database was put together purely by the clients, with no influence from law firms; it has been compiled through interviews with nearly 4,000 general counsel and other senior leaders at legal departments around the world, looking for Star Lawyers who “find solutions, exercise judgment and are decisive –it is the combination of expertise and commerciality that their clients value most.”
- Jorge Suescún Melo was recognized as Best Lawyer of the Year 2017 of “Arbitration and Mediation-Bogota” by Best Lawyers International
- In December 2016, Felipe Suescun de Roa was recognized by Who´s Who Legal and Global Arbitration Review
as one of the world’s leading arbitration experts aged 45 or under. The "Future Leaders" list surveys and analyzes the opinion of general counsel and law firms from around the world to put together a list of practitioners who are seen as the future leading figures of the international arbitration community.
- Chambers Latin America 2016
ranked Suescun Abogados as a top firm for Dispute Resolution in Colombia and describes it as a “respected boutique firm with a significant emphasis on national and international arbitration mandates.”
- Jorge Suescún Melo has been ranked many years in Band 1 for Dispute Resolution: Most in Demand Arbitrators by Chambers Latin America 2016
. Such publication describes Jorge as a highly sought-after arbitrator who is "renowned worldwide." It also mentiones that "he has a very detailed knowledge of the law, with a great deal of experience, and he knows the facts very well."
- After surveying more than 100 law firms in Colombia, Revista Dinero
, one of Colombia´s most prestigious business publications, included both Jorge Suescún Melo and Felipe Suescún de Roa among the top-ten attorneys who generate "more admiration for their career, performance and experience" in "Dispute Resolution" in Colombia.
- On July 14, 2016, Felipe Suescun de Roa was admitted as Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
in London. This is a high-level Diploma qualification designed for experienced dispute resolution practitioners.
- Suescun Abogados has been recognized as the "International Arbitration Law Firm of the Year - Colombia" by Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards 2015
. The Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards recognise the achievements of law firms and individuals who have delivered exceptional results for their clients over the past 12 months – whilst operating in a challenging business environment.
- Jorge Suescun Melo was recognized as “Best of the Best Latin America” by Euromoney - Experts Guide
- Both Felipe Suescun de Roa and Jorge Suescun Melo were included among top-five experts in Commercial Arbitration in Colombia by Euromoney - Experts Guide
- Jorge Suescún Melo was recognized as Best Lawyer of the Year 2015 of "Litigation-Bogota" by Best Lawyers International
- Jorge Suescún Melo was recognized as Best Lawyer of the Year 2014 of "International Arbitration - Colombia" by Corporate Livewire
. The Corporate LiveWire Awards, according to its website, “represent the pinnacle of business achievement, championing the best in their respective fields.”
- Jorge Suescún Melo was recognized as Best Lawyer of the Year 2012 of “Arbitration and Mediation-Bogota” by Best Lawyers International
- Jorge Suescún Melo has been constantly recognized as leading figure in arbitration in both Latin America and Colombia by Who’s Who Legal
- Jorge Suescún Melo was recognized by Revista Dinero
, one of Colombia´s most prestigious business publications, as a leading arbitrator in Colombia