Author of articles and book chapters on arbitration and business law matters. He has published in international publications (i.e., Journal of International Arbitration (Kluwer) and The International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR Institute)) and domestic ones (i.e., Legis, Temis and journals from universities such as Andes, Javeriana and Externado), including:
- “Mitigación de Daños en Materia Contractual
”, (Mitigation of Damages in Contract Law), Vniversitas, Vol. 67, No. 136, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Enero-Junio de 2018.
- “Responsabilidad de los Administradores en la Etapa
Preconcursal: Situaciones de Pérdidas Patrimoniales
” (Director´s Fiduciary Duties Before Insolvency: Events of
Equity Loss), E-Mercatoria, vol. 14, N° 2, Universidad Externado, July-December, 2015.
- Book chapter: “Simulación
” (Simulation). In: Marcela Castro de Cifuentes (direc.), Law of Obligations, Volume I (Bogotá: Temis, 2015, Second Edition), pp. 502-537.
- “Deberes de los Administradores en fusiones y adquisiciones: la versión colombiana de la
” (Directors’ Fiduciary Duties in M&A Transactions: a Colombian Version of the Poison Pill), Private Law Review No. 53, Universidad de los Andes, June 2015.
- “Investor-state Arbitration in Sovereign Debt Restructuring: The Role of Holdouts
”, Journal of International Arbitration 30 No. 2 (2013): 131-154. The Hague, Netherlands: Kluwer Law International.
- “The Business Judgement Rule en los Estados Unidos: Una Regla con Dimensión Procesal y Fuerza Sustantiva
” (The Business Judgment Rule in America: A Rule with Procedural Dimension and Substantive Force), 127 Vniversitas, Universidad Javeriana, 2013.
- “Comments on the ICSID Award Saipem v. Bangladesh: Would its rationale be applicable in future cases?
” (Winner of an international dispute resolution writing competition organized by the CPR in New York), The International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR Institute), New York, NY, USA, May 2011.
- “La Naturaleza Jurisdiccional como Causante de Complicados Males del Arbitraje en Colombia
” (Jurisdictional Nature as the Cause of Complex Problems of Arbitration in Colombia), Commercial Law Forum-International Review, No. 29, Legis, October-December 2010.
- “Orden Público Internacional: Excepción a la Limitación que Imponen los Actos Administrativos a la Competencia de los Tribunales de Arbitramento
” (International Public Policy: Exception to the Restriction Imposed by Administrative Orders to the Jurisdiction of Arbitration Tribunals), Private Law Review, No. 44 (Special Edition: Arbitration and International Business Transactions), Universidad de los Andes, July-December 2010.
- “Control Judicial de las Cláusulas Abusivas en Colombia: una Nueva Causal de Nulidad
” (Judicial Control of Unfair Terms in Colombia: a New Cause of Nullification), Private Law Review, No. 41 (Special Edition: Insurance Law), Universidad de los Andes, September 2009.
Felipe is a frequent speaker on topics related to international and domestic arbitration as well as on commercial and business law matters. Recent speaking engagements include:
- VIII International Seminar on Investment Arbitration, Instituto Peruano de Arbitraje ("IPA"), Lima, Peru, July 17, 2020.
- "II Young Practitioners and the Future of Arbitration Conference", IPA, Lima, Peru, May 21, 2020.
- “Defense of the Republic of Colombia Before International Tribunals”, Conference organized by Refinería de Cartagena S.A. and Ecopetrol, Bogota, November 28, 2019.
- "The Future of Investment Arbitration in Latin America", VII International Seminar on Investment Arbitration, Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce of Santiago (CAM Santiago) and IPA, Santiago de Chile, Chile, September 23, 2019.
- Seminar on the Code of Best Practices in Arbitration of the Spanish Arbitration Club, CEA-40 and Universidad Sergio Arboleda, Bogota, September 5, 2019.
- I Congress on Commercial and Investment Arbitration, IPA and Centro de Arbitraje y Mediación (CAM) UEES, Guayaquil, Ecuador, August 21, 2019.
- "Current Challenges of International Arbitration”, II Congress
of the Latin American Network of Young People in Arbitration, Lima, Peru, August 15, 2019.
- “Is Arbitration in Crisis?”, Colombian Chapter of the Spanish Arbitration Club, Bogota, July 16, 2019.
- “Five Years of the Arbitration Act”, Colombian Arbitration Committee, Bogota, August 8, 2017.
- “Arbitration with State Entities”, Launch of the Colombian Chapter of the Spanish Arbitration Club, Bogota, April 12, 2016.
- “Constitutional Actions and its Relation with International Arbitration in Latin America”, ICDR International Arbitration & Mediation Conference, Bogota, October 14 de 2015.
- “Contemporary Problems of International Arbitration”, Colegio de Abogados Comercialistas (ABOGCOM), Bogota, April 28, 2015.